"The Ocean Mine, about one-half mile east from Dudley, was opened in 1879, by W. H. Sweet & Co., in the Barnet vein. It is a drift, the opening of which is near the railroad, so that cars are loaded as the coal is taken from the mine. The heading extends two thousand feet. The average thickness of the vein here is thirty-two inches, Fifty-eight hands are employed, and the daily capacity is one hundred and twenty-five tons."1
 
1History of Huntingdon and Blair Counties, Pennsylvania by J. Simpson Africa Philadelphia, PA: Louis H. Everts, 1883, pp. 228-237.