Print
Hits: 2446
"The Fisher Mine, on the railroad about one mile below Broad Top City, was opened previous to the building of the railroad. It was worked by Fisher & Miller from 1870 till 1880, when work was suspended in it during a year. In January 1881, the present lessees, Reed Brothers, came in possession. It is a drift, opening a quarter of a mile from the railroad, to which a tramway leads. The heading extends into the Barnet vein, which is here two and one-half to four feet in thickness, four hundred and fifty yards. Thirty hands are employed, and the daily output is sixty tons. W. Scott Reed is the superintendent."1
 
1History of Huntingdon and Blair Counties, Pennsylvania by J. Simpson Africa Philadelphia, PA: Louis H. Everts, 1883, pp. 228-237.