Signal charts are similar to track charts in that they are linear records of segments of the railroad. However, they show where signal heads are located and what aspects they are capable of showing.

Track charts are linear records of segments of the railroad. They are "to scale". Although the schematic is linear, at the bottom of the chart is a depiction of the degree of curvature of the line, as well as grades.
 
Signal charts are very similar, but show where signal heads are located and what aspects they are capable of showing.

The G25 gondola was built with flat plate steel drop ends and featured Carmer cut levers.

The G33 were Pennsy's second iteration of 65'-6" 70-ton gondolas, the first being the G26. They were welded steel cars with steel floors. There were no apparent differences between the G33 and G33B.

The G32 were 46'-0" gondolas built with straight side sills, fixed ends, steel floors, and all-welded construction. 

85003 4thumb

The G30 were 52'-6" 70-ton gondolas that were built not only for the Pennsy, but also for the N&W, NYC, CNJ, and ATSF. They had drop ends and were of composite design with wood floors and sides. New to the G22, however, were sleeves on the sides to allow replacement of the wood with steel after the war. The first cars went into service in April 1943.

46608awl

The G24 were 41'-6" gondolas designed by the United States Railroad Administration (USRA) and plans provided to the PRR in April 1919. They were composite cars with wood in the sides, end and floor. They featured straight sides with drop doors in the floor and rode on USRA 2D-F3 trucks. They had Carmer cut levers.

Starting in 1929, the Pennsy replaced the composite sides with drop bottoms to steel sides with solid bottoms. Some cars received steel ends. Though most cars were converted in this manner, the program was halted in 1930.

In later years it appears the Pennsy may have replaced many with 2D-F8 trucks.

8351thumb

The G22 was a 46'-0" 70-ton gondola built with fixed ends and bottom doors.  The cars featured extended sills which projected out over the couplers and 70-ton trucks. Rebuilds with a solid floor occured from 1920-1940. Some of the cars were used in LCL container service, configured to hold HB (hopper bottom) containers; and some others with coke racks.

G35 E19541 side PRR377450 RMS

The G35 was essentially a revised version of the G31. It shared car-body dimensions and ends (52'6" internal length). It differed in that there was a dip in the cross-bearers to allow passage of a continuous length stringer for more durability. Also, the top cord was constructed of two chanels welded flange to flange to form a box vs. the "Z"-angle found on the G31.

The G35 entered service in April 1952.

The G34 were of riveted construction at a time when most cars were welded. The 46'-0" interior length cars had a 70-ton capacity, straight sides, a flat bottom and fixed ends. The sides featured 11 pressed side stakes and a straight center sill. The G34 were built and leased from Bethlehem Steel starting in October 1950.

8221thumb

With the advent of the war in Europe, the Pennsylvania Railroad found it needed to augment its already vast fleet of gondolas, even though it owned more this equipment than any other road. It did this by producing 2000 cars of a new design. The new design, designated the G29, included all steel construction with welded underframe, tight Dreadnaught ends, solid bottom and wood floors. The standard for gons had recently changed from 40' to 46' inside length and the Pennsy followed suit. The cars used National Type B-1 trucks. These were 70 cars, considerable capacity for these size cars.