PENNSYRR.COM by Jerry Britton


Heritage: Pennsylvania Railroad

CT 1000, 1945: Eastern Region, Eastern Pennsylvania Division, Middle Division, Main Line

Middle Division ETT, 1954: Eastern Region, Middle Division, Main Line

Millerstown is located on a tract of land originally sold to James Gallagher on September 23, 1766, however, there is evidence that a small town named "Smithfield" was founded by him before then.

This plot of ground was later sold to David Miller on September 1, 1780, who filed for a patent in 1790 for the "laying out of the town," thus making Miller's Town the first town to be plotted for sale in the territory at that time comprising Perry County. Miller's Town was later combined to form Millerstown.

Valuation Maps


PRR.v7.1.PA-022_1949_MP135 (PRRT&S)


PRR.v7.1.PA 023 1949 MP136 Old Ferry M008378

PRR.v7.1.PA-023_1949_MP136_-_Old_Ferry (PRRT&HS)

PRR.v7.1.PA 024 1924 MP137 M003911

PRR.v7.1.PA-024_1924_MP137 (PRRT&HS)

PRR.v7.1.PA 024 1949 MP137 M008357

PRR.v7.1.PA-024_1949_MP137 (PRRT&HS)

PRR.v7.1.PA 025 1926 MP138 Millerstown M003912

PRR.v7.1.PA-025_1926_MP138_-_Millerstown (PRRT&HS)

PRR.v7.1.PA 025 1949 MP138 Millerstown M008358

PRR.v7.1.PA-025_1949_MP138_-_Millerstown (PRRT&HS)


1925 Pennsylvania Railroad Industrial Directory

Receivers | Shippers | Commodities

A. H. Alsh Sons
r Sewer Pipe
C. A. Rippman's Sons
r Bark
s Fleshings
r Hides
s Leather
r Line / Chemical
L. E. Donnally Estate
r Bags
s Flour
J. K. Everhart
r Bags
s Flour
Phillips Jones Corp.
r Boxes
r Cotton Goods
s Shirts

r  = Receiver     s = Shipper
This directory is not by any means a complete list of companies or commodities.

These entries were possible through the work of Stephen Tichenal.
More information at Rails & Trails.


Distance from Harrisburg...

Breyer Ice Cream Co. No. 1 (MP 32.2)


Station (MP 32.7)



Freight Station (MP 32.8)

Out of service by August 1959.


Chas. A. Rippman's Sons (MP 33.0)


Pa 50 19 02 SecristMillI. B. Secrist (MP 33.0)

According to, this was a "2.5 story frame mill is surrounded by other outbuildngs having to do with feed, fuel, coal, etc. Although situated right by Raccoon Creek, it was never water powered, but utilized Gasoline engines and electricval motors foe power to grind feed. Conrail tracks run along the Juniata River just next to the mill. The mill closed to feed milling in the 1960's, and became an oil depot for I. B. Secrist Oil Company. Fair condition in 1992."




Other Images

MuseumSlide 08 01 23 cat