The 1884 Form 76 lists Selinsgrove. Separate entries exist for H. P. App (Loc 1594), Schoch Brothers (Loc 1596), and G. & H. D. Schnure (Loc 1597).
The 1900 CT1000 lists G. C. Wagenseller No. 1 (MP 43.1), I. C Smith and Haines & Sons (MP 43.2), G. C. Wagenseller No. 2 (MP 43.3), Station (MP 43.3), and H. D. Schnure, M. L. Kroeger, and I. F Landenslager (MP 43.5).
The 1923 CT1000 lists Susquehanna University (MP 42.2), G. R. Hendricks and L. C. Smith Est. (MP 43.1), Luther Bolig (MP 43.3), Station (MP 43.3), Passing Siding (MP 43.4), Storage (MP 43.4), and B. F. Roudenbasch and Public Delivery (MP 43.5).
The 1945 CT1000 lists Susquehanna University (MP 42.2), Hendricks Hdwe. Co. (MP 43.1), Luther Bolig (MP 43.3), Station (MP 43.3), Storage (MP 43.4), Storage (MP 43.4), Public Delivery (MP 43.4), and Robert T. Fisher and Public Delivery (MP 43.5).
Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps (1921)
| Esso Gas Station at the RR tracks on N Market St, NE corner of Market and Spruce. Operated by Fred Ferguson in later years. The Selin Hotel is on the right (SE corner). Building was later converted into 'What's Shakin' soft ice-cream stand (closed 2008). 1933.
Susquehanna University (MP 42.2)
Siding installed in 1920.
On the 1921Sanborn map (#7), there is a rail-served warehouse not otherwise accounted for.
Hendricks Hardware Co. (MP 43.1)
On the 1921Sanborn map (#4), based on the location reference, this is likely W. E. Nagle Tool Mfg.
Luther Bolig (MP 43.3)
In 1914, Bolig & Klose open business at the old Wagenseller warehouse. In 1915, firm of Bolig and Klose dissolved and business continued by Luther Bolig.
On the 1921 Sanborn map (#4), this is the "Flour & Feed" and "Coal Shed" shown above W. Pine Street.
At least by 1934 it was known as Bingaman's per photo below.
Pennsylvania Railroad photograph from April 1919 showing the location of their crossing signs. This view is looking west on Pine Street from the High Street intersection. George Wagenseller's coal and grain business is seen on the right, just east of the railroad tracks, now the location of FNB Bank's automated teller. Pine Street was still unpaved in 1919.
Pennsylvania Railroad photograph from April 1919 showing the location of their crossing signs. This view is looking east on Pine Street near the Broad Street intersection. The intersection with Orange Street is seen at the end of the block. On the left is a sign for J. M. Maurer's auto garage and livery, which operated in West Blackberry Alley, behind the Maurer home, at 212 West Pine Street. On the right, at 211 West Pine Street, is the newly constructed home of Selinsgrove shoe manufacturer, R.E. Yeager. [The building in the distance with "Elevator" painted on the side would be the Wagenseller building.]
| View on Pine Street looking east toward High and Market Streets, Ronnie Day is walking on the new sidewalk, with his grandmother Lillian (Moyer) Day Baker closely watching. Lillian married Pete Baker, the son of Wallace D. Baker, after the death of Guy Day I. The RR crossing signals were installed in the fall of 1930. On the near left are Bingaman's coal sheds and grain warehouse (formerly Bolig's). The gas pumps seen on the right are part of Stag Baney's Tire Shop, on property now occupied by Steininger's Laundry. The two-story wooden structure near Liberty Alley had been a foundry. 1934.
Station (MP 43.3)
On the 1921Sanborn map (#4), the station is shown.
Station was built by PRR 1882, but freight section expanded in 1900s, from original PRR 1881 drawings and dates. Vacant for years, it was rebuilt into a dining establishment in 2012 and reopened 2013.
Panoramic view of the SG RR station, from High Street looking NW. Note the Central Railroad of New Jersey boxcar being unloaded at the platform. 1907.
|Yeager Shoe Company in the former Eisenhuth Shoe factory on High St, at the intersection with Snyder. The Yeager company opened in 1911, after the Eisenhuth firm relocated to Williamsport in 1910. View is looking east, with the PRR station in the right foreground. 1911.
|Selinsgrove station, looking west. 1917 I.C.C. photo; National Archives.
Old PRR station at SG, in a state of disrepair. View is NE with the south and west side of the station shown. White block building is the old SG Moose, with Rhoads Mill towering to the rear. High St is seen to the right of shot.
|Old PRR station at SG, in a state of disrepair. View is from High St looking SW. Station has since been extensively remodeled and converted into the Morning Glory Station restaurant, which closed in early 2014.
|| The Selinsgrove railroad station (Pennsylvania RR) showing the south end of the structure. The boy is unidentified. Note the box cars on the tracks to the west of the station. 1925.
| The PRR Station at Selinsgrove; view of west side of station looking generally south-east. Station employees are gathered for photo, with freight workers seen laboring to the rear. 1915.
Storage (MP 43.3)
Storage (MP 43.4)
| Parade in 1943 proceeding W on Spruce St at High St intersection. SG High School band in the spotlight. The railyard and houses along N Market St are seen in background to the SE. [Note the camp cars.]
|| Parade in 1943 proceeding W on Spruce St at High St intersection. SG High School band in the spotlight. The railyard and houses along N Market St are seen in background to the SE. [Note the camp cars.]
Public Delivery (MP 43.4)
Robert T. Fisher and Public Delivery (MP 43.5)
On the 1921Sanborn map (#5), this is the "Feed Chopping Mill" and "Coal Shed".
| Rhoads Mills in SG, located just E of RR tracks, between Snyder and Spruce St. Area is now occupied by the Selinsgrove Inn. The mill was destroyed by fire in 1994. Looking north from Snyder Street.
|| Rhoads Mills in SG, located just E of RR tracks, between Snyder and Spruce St. Area is now occupied by the Selinsgrove Inn. The mill was destroyed by fire in 1994. Looking west toward RR tracks.
| Employees of Rhoads Mills in SG gathered in front of the business. Located just east of RR tracks, between Snyder and Spruce St, area now occupied by Selinsgrove Inn. Front (l-r): George Ulrich, Jim Leeser, Don Musser, Carl Scholl, Andrew Snyder, Red Mattern, Neal Rhoads, Rick Bolig, Jake Walters. Back (l-r): Ed Rhoads, Clair Wochley, Charles Weiser, Goerge Treon, Charles Culp, Harold Hummel, Laverne Longacre, Roy Dressler, Herm Goodling, Russ Goodling, Simon Rhoads.
|| View along RR tracks, at the rear (W side) of Rhoads Mill, looking NE toward Spruce and Market St intersection Steeple of St Pauls Reformed Church can be seen at the NW corner of Market and Mill St. 1943.
| Original Rhoads Mill, view from W Snyder St looking north. Locted between Snyder and Spruce St, the mill burned on Nov 3 1944, and was rebuilt on same location, and burned again in 1994. The grounds of Selinsgrove Inn now occupy site of the mill.
Map #5 also shows a siding north of the main track which leads to "Coal Sheds" and "Bld. Mat. W. Ho.".
The 1921Sanborn map (#5) also shows several entities on the north side without individual sidings: Atlantic Refining Co., Selinsgrove Bottling Wks., and J. F. Klinger Planing Mill.
Valuation field notes indicate the a loading conveyor was as of 1938 for Lloyd E. Houseworth and Francis O. Humme.
Valuation field notes indicate the a loading wharf was as of 1938 for Eugene and George Hoover.
Valuation field notes indicate the the removal of 303 feet of private track as of 1938.
Isle of Que Mills (removed)
Shown on the 1921 Sanborn map.
The Isle of Que Mill on East Mill St, west side of Penns Creek. From left: H.D. Doebler, Abe Long, William Roush.
The Mill, at this time, was owned by Howard D. Schnure.
Following Schnure's death, the property was acquired in 1905 by the Pennsylvania Railroad. The last operator of the Mill was J.F. Youngman, who leased from the railroad in 1908 until July 1, 1920. The building was razed in 1929.