The Williamsport & Linden Branch was built to allow traffic to bypass the congestion of Williamsport. Around 1960 it actually became the "main line" and the connection to Williamsport became the "branch". A record dated 6/8/61 and requested permission to abandon .75 miles between MP 249 and 250, which is Allens tower to approximately the passenger station in Williamsport.
The following is a tour of the Williamsport Division Williamsport & Linden Branch, based on the 1945 edition of the Pennsylvania Railroad CT1000 -- List of Stations and Sidings.
Click on the link of a location for more information (if available).
|675||Williamsport, Pa.||(Allen's) Junc. Williamsport Division - Main Line - East Conn.|
|7376||So. Williamsport, Pa.|
|7382||West Branch Sand & Gravel Co.|
|682||Junc. Williamsport Division - Main Line - West Conn.|