Print

249

Hawstone

The tiny hamlet of Hawstone was named for Haws Refractory Co., a fire brick manufacturer located there from 1910-66. Actual factory ruins are hard to find but the stone from which the bricks were made can be easily found throughout the narrow valley.

Haws' Refractories Co. No. 1 (MP 55.6)

Station (MP 55.9)

Haws' Refractories Co. No. 2 (MP 56.2)

 

haws refractories hawstone Haws Refractory Company plant
   
juniata narrows lewistown narrows