|Mount Union prior to 1936.|
Bridge over Juniata River
Closed-spandrel arch bridge over Croghan Pike (522) and Juniata River on Norfolk Southern (former PRR).
Built 1906 by PRR, reinforced with concrete by Conrail ca. 1980.
This bridge has six segmental arch spans, each 100' long and 58' wide. The center pier's width was increased 20' making it 8' wider than the others which balances the classic aesthetic rules by giving it an easily identifiable center.
Passenger Station * (MP 86.7)
|Original PRR station in town before main line bypassed downtown.||1970 view of station.|
E. A. Beaver Co. (MP 86.7)
Harbison-Walker Co. (MP 86.7)
Transfer & Freight Station (MP 86.8)
Public Track (MP 86.9)
Station -- Transfer E. B. T. R. R. -- N. G. (MP 87.0)
General Refractories Co. No. 1 (MP 87.1)
|Company houses, 1990.|