The Kishacoquillas Valley Railroad ran between the Pennsylvania Railroad's Milroy Branch at Reedsvill to Belleville, in Mifflin county, Pennsylvania.It was chartered in 1868 (first time) and again in 1892 (second time) when construction began. Train service commenced in 1893.
In 1928, the KV assumed responsibility to operate passenger service between Reedsville and Lewistown on the PRR Milroy Branch.
Railroad abandoned and sold for scrap to Rochester Iron & Metal Co. in 1940.
|1||4-4-0||1892-1901||Named "Belleville", it was built in 1869 by the Northern Central Railway (No. 122). In 1888 it was bought by A. H. Kingm, an engine dealer, and eventually became the property of E. H. Wilson & Co. of Philadelphia, who in turn sold it to the KV for $3,000. It was scrapped sometime after 1901.|
|2||4-4-0||1898-1920||Said to have been from the Boston & Maine R.R., this engine was bought for $1,300, and sold for scrap in 1924.|
|3||4-4-0||1900-1935||KV's first new engine, bought from the Baldwin Locomotive Works for $8,750. Scrapped in 1935.|
|5||4-4-0||1920-1924||Built by Altoona Shops as PRR No. 1015 in 1886. Sold to Bellefonte Central R. R. (No. 5) in 1902, then to KV for $4,700. It was constantly breaking down and was sold for scrap after only four years.|
|4||2-6-0||1924-1932||A second-hand locomotive bought in Atlanta, Ga., for $7,400 to replace No. 5. Reported to have been an old engine from the Southern Pacific Railroad. Scrapped in 1932.|
|6||4-6-0||1928-1940||Bought new from Baldwin for $23,500. Front marker lamps from No 1033 were added in 1932, and an extra generator was installed in 1934 to light ex-B&LE coaches. After abandonment it was sold to South Georgia R. R.|
|1033||4-4-0||1930-1940||Built by Altoona Shops in 1905 as class D16B, PRR No. 1033. In 1917, it was superheated and reclassified D16SB. Later it was stored at Hollidaysburg, Pa., where it was bought by KV for $4,000. After abandonment it was thought to hacve been sold to another railroad.|
|2082||4-4-0||1936-1940||Built by Altoona Shops in 1904 as class D16B, PRR No. 2082. In 1916, it was superheated and reclassified D16SB. It was operated in N. J. when the KV bought it for $3,000 and was scrapped after abandonment.|
|Initial source: Jerry Hartzler.|
|1||1908-?||KV paid $375 for this "small dimensioned" open motorized handcar primarily used for maintenance.|
|2||1911-1918||This railcar was a nbew "Canopy Top" from Fairbanks-Morse & Co. of Chicago, purchased for $932.22. It supplemented train service and ran on Sundays to pick up newspapers and passengers from Reedsville.|
|3||1928-1940||The KV paid Roy Warner and his son Jimmie $326.36 for building a maintenance and track inspection car from an old Ford truck.|
|4||1938-1940||Affectionately known as the "Studemotive" this Studebaker car was equipped with flanged wheels and used to replace the daily midday train to Belleville. No expenditure listed.|
|Initial source: Jerry Hartzler.|
Rolling Stock Roster
|101||Flat||1893-1940?||A new "first class" flatcar purchased from the Middletown Car Co. for $305.|
|1||Combine||1893-1920||Secondhand car bought from Mont Alto R. R. for $950. After retirement it was built into the side of the old engine house and used for storage. It disappeared after the 1925 tornado.|
|2||Combine/Coach||1895-1932||KV paid $1,100 for this secondhand combine, from the E. H. Wilson Co. of Philadelphia. In 1912, it was rebuilt into a full passenger coach. It was retired in 1932 and used for storage behind the engine house until abandonment.|
|102||Flat||1898-1909?||The KV's second flatcar was also purchased new ($300) from the Middletown Car Co. It or No. 102 [?] disappeared from the roster in 1909. Possibly this one, since it was damaged in at least one accident.|
|-||Derrick||1903-1910||The DIA shows a derrick being on the KV roster. This was most likely an old push cart or flatcar with a simple crane attached.|
|3||Combine||1908-1940||New combine built for $6,285 by Harlan & Hollingsworth Co. of Wilmington, Del.|
|103||Flat||1908-1940||Bought, used, from Wm. Kennedy for $100.|
|5||Baggage||1928-1940||An ex-Philadelphia, Wilmington & Baltimore (PRR) car, bought for $400. It was labeled as No. 5 when passenger coach No. 4 was purchased later that year.|
|4||Coach||1928-1940||A full passenger coach, possibly 1898 vintage, purchased from PRR for $700. Currently part of a house on Valley Street, Belleville.|
|6||Coach||1934-1940||In 1906, Hicks Car Works built coaches Nos. 133 and 139 for the Bessemer & Lake Erie R. R. They were sold to the KV for $850. After abandonment, this car (B&LE No. 139), No. 3 and No. 5, were used as cabins in Lumber City and Reedsville.|
|7||Coach||1934-1940||Second B&LE coach (No. 139). This car was cut up and used in a house built in the engine house in 1940.|
Initial source: Jerry Hartzler.
Passenger equipment was usually painted Pullman green (olive drab) with dark red trim and gold lettering.