In preparation for operations, I continue to test, test, test the mainlines and the trains thereon. I'm also converting all of my advanced consist addresses to best match the train symbol itself. Seems more logical than picking a random two digit number. For passenger trains, it is simply the train number. For freights, drop the prefix (e.g. "VL-9" becomes "9"). Believe it or not, there was only one conflict!
A quarter later and I am STILL installing resistors on car axles to enable detection! I am doing several dozen a week and I foresee another five weeks to go. As I am testing each car, I am assigning waybills for car movement. Each waybill is mapped into a spreadsheet to ensure that all customers within scope have all of their car needs met.
Last quarter I had mentioned that, with the exception of the yard control panels, I have finished replacing the local panels from using Barrett Hill Touch Toggles to using their Cup Toggles. I've been holding off on the yard boards because they are coming out with a new Matrix Controller that mimics what a "diode matrix" did back in the day. I just learned this week that the board design has been finalized and is in production. This is my other impediment to operations. Once I get the boards in, control panels fabricated and installed, we should be ready for a shakedown session!
This week I received and installed 30 cushioned "floor tiles" from Lowe's. Wow, what a difference on the feet! I like them so much I ordered another batch!
Also, watch for two open house announcements for the fall:
- September 17, 2022 -- Public open house on the Mainline Hobby Supply Fall Layout Tour
- November TBD -- Public open house for the DE - MD - NJ - PA Model Railroad Open House
Till the next train out...