Print
Hits: 1019

PRR 120 JT

The Z74 series were the most common of the Pennsy's business cars. However, their history is also the most convoluted. Over their lives, individual cars were reclassified, renumbered, and renamed many times. To make matters worse, for the historian, names were often re-used among one or more physical cars. The following documentation represents a "best effort" to piece together the physical car histories. A number in parenthesis indicates the iteration of use of a specific car number.

In HO scale, Bachmann offers a "heavyweight observation" car that is actually an early era version of a PRR Z74 business car (no evaluation of sub-class offered).

Business Car 90 (#4), Delaware

Class S70. Reclassified Z74B, then Z74BR.

President's Car

Built by PRR at Altoona as class S70 on October 14, 1913, one of two cars in the 1913 program. Assigned to the President of the PRR as of March 1, 1916. 3D5P2 trucks installed by October 27, 1921. As of October 1, 1929, named Delaware and assigned to the V.P.-TA&CW and V.P.-Purchasing, Stores and Insurance, based in Philadelphia. Ice-activated air-conditioning installed at Altoona on August 31, 1939; reclassified Z74BR. As of January 28, 1952, assigned to V.P.-Finance, D. C. Bevan; V.P.-Purchasing, J. C. White; and V.P.-General Counsel, J. Dickinson. s of February 10, 1953, ssigned to V.P.-Finance, Bevan, based in Philadelphia. April 6, 1955, 2F-P1 trucks installed, replacing 2D7P2 trucks; electro-mechanical air-conditioning system replaces ice system; Model 7 Spicer drive and 25/30 kw generator installed; and exterior painted. February 1, 1968, to Penn Central, assigned to V.P.-Finance. November 30, 1970, sold to Red Clay Valley Equipment & Leasing. As of July 1971, displayed at St. Peter's Victorian Village at St. Peter's, Pa. At an unknown time the car was scrapped but the trucks reclaimed.

Business Car 100 (#4), New YorkThe New YorkerChesapeake

Class Z74D. Reclassified Z74DR.

Vice-President's Car

Built by Altoona in February 1928 as LIRR 100 as part of the 1927 program of six cars. Renumbered as PRR 100 at Wilmington on December 12, 1929. Renamed New York, on January 21, 1931 and assigned to Regional V.P., based in New York City. Ice-activated air-conditioning installed at Altoona on July 30, 1936. Renamed The New Yorker at Morris Park on November 10, 1937, and assigned to V.P., New York Division, based in New York City. Renumbered to LIRR 100 on October 13, 1939. Renumbered back to PRR 100 on January 31, 1941 and assigned to V.P., New York Division, based in New York City. Stored in New York City as of 1951. As of January 28, 1952, ssigned to V.P.-Traffic, F. Carpi, based in New York City. As of February 10, 1953, assigned to the system poolm based in New York City. Circa 1955, 3D-P1 trucks installed, then stored in New York City. Renamed Chesapeake in May, 1959. By November 1960, assigned to Regional Manager, Chesapeake Region, based in Baltimore. Moved to Altoona and stored at an unknown date. Moved to Pennsylvania Stationm Pittsburgh, for use as a dormitory car. On October 8, 1963, moved from Pittsburgh and assigned to business car pool in Philadelphia. In June 1965, 3D-P1 trucks replaced with 2F-P1 trucks; Model 7 Spicer Drive replaces Dayton Roder gear drive; general repairs completed. Transfered to Penn Central as of February 1, 1968. Retired August 4, 1969.

Business Car 120 (#5), PennsylvaniaBaltimorePennsylvania

Class Z74D. Reclassified Z74DR.

Vice President's Car

Built at Altoona as part of 1927 program of six cars on February 23, 1928; un-named and assigned to V.P. Eysmans, based in Philadelphia. Named Pennsylvania on July 1, 1935. Ice-activated air-conditioning installed at Altoona on August 22, 1935 and reclassified Z74DR. Renamed Baltimore at West Philadelphia on September 7, 1939 and assigned to President W. F. Franklin, based in Philadelphia. On August 23, 1951, 2F-P1 trucks installed with Spicer drive. Renamed Pennsylvania in January 1952. As of January 28, 1952, assigned to President W. S. Franklin and based in Philadelphia.

Modernized at Altoona on October 13, 1953, and assigned to President J. M. Symes, based in Philadelphia. Electro-mechanical air-conditioning installed; four staterooms replace three drawing rooms; fireplace removed; stainless steel kitchen installed; new sash installed, new lighting system installed; new furniture, drapes, covers and shades; and repainted.

Circa February 1956, the berth at kitchen end of dining room was removed; space converted to storage locker. Circa February 1958, windshield wipers applied to lounge end windows. Sealed beam track lights installed on January 5, 1962. Transfered to Penn Central on February 1, 1968 and assigned to General Manager and based in Philadelphia. On March 1, 1968, renumbered to PC 13, since 35 MU cars (#100-134) were on order for the State of New Jersey.

Carried body of Robert F. Kennedy from New York to Washington, D. C. in June 1968.

At some point renumbered PC 9, painted drab green, and car name removed. 

Retired in 1971 and sold to George Pins; repainted Tuscan Red and relettered Pennsylvania. Sold to Burt Smith in 1979 and to Joel Mitchell in 1981.

Sold to Bennett Levin, Juniata Terminal Co., in 1985. Operated on rear of last westbound run of the Broadway Limited over an all-PRR route in 1990. Operated on last eastbound run of the Broadway Limited in 1995. Continues to operate as Amtrak 800241.

Business car 120 Pennsylvania side view left  
Business car 120 Pennsylvania side view right Business car 120 Pennsylvania interior view
Business car 120 Pennsylvania 34 view  

 

Business Car 180 (#3), PennsylvaniaPhiladelphia

Class S70. Reclassified Z74C, then Z74CR.

Vice President's Car

Built at Altoona on November 15, 1913, as part of 1913 program of two cars. Assigned to V.P.-Operations. Reclassified Z74C after 1920. AS of October 27, 1921, 3D5P2 trucks in use. Listed as "work equipment" as of October 1926. Named Pennsylvania and assigned to President General W. W. Atterbury, based in Philadelphia, on October 1, 1929. Renamed Philadelphia at West Philadelphia on July 1, 1935. Ice-activated air-conditioning installed at Altoona on April 25, 1936, and reclassified Z74CR. Sent to Altoona on December 10, 1951, for modernization. As of January 28, 1952, assigned to V. P.-Traffic, F. Carpi, after modernization. Modernized by Altoona, February 10, 1952, with 2F-P1 trucks. Assigned to V. P.-Traffic, based in Philadelphia, as of February 10, 1953. Spicer drive installed mid-1955. In January 1957, electromechanical air-conditioning replaces ice system; radio installed; folding bed in dining room replaced with closet. New kitchen stove installed at Penn Coach Yard, Philadelphia, August 9, 1962. To Penn Central on February 1, 1968, as 180 Philadelphia, assigned to V. P.-Transportation, based in Grand Central Terminal. At Beech Grov to be dismantled, June 15, 1969. Retired August 4, 1969. Car body scrapped at Wichita, Kansas; trucks reclaimed, sent to Juniata Terminal Company.

Business car 180 Philadelphia side view Business car 180 Philadelphia end view
Business car 180 Philadelphia 34 view Business car 180 Philadelphia interior view

 

Business Car 7504 (#3), Washington;

Business Car 7502 (#2), WashingtonChicagoan

Class S70. Reclassified Z74C, then Z74CR.

Vice President's Car

Ordered from Pullman on December 13, 1915; Lot 4382, Plan 2904. Delivered in 1917. Named Washington. By October 27, 1921, 3C-P1 trucks in use.

Renumbered to 7502 (#2) on January 9, 1928; named Washington. As of October 1, 1932, assigned to Regional V. P., based in Philadelphia. Ice-activated air-conditioning installed at Altoona on September 29, 1936; reclassified Z74CR. Trucks exchanged with PB70 4805 at Wilmingon on November 26, 1947; new trucks are 3D7P2. Renamed Chicagoan at Wilmington on December 13, 1947; assigned to V. P. Western Region, based in Chicago. Modernized at Altoona on November 30, 1951; 2F-P1 trucks installed and new interior furnishings. As of September 1957, assigned to V. P. & General Manager, Chicago. Withdrawn from service in October 1960 and moved to 12th Street Coach Yard, Chicago, and stored under cover. Assigned to V. P., Western Region, based in Chicago, in 1962.

Z74C business car 7502 Chicagoan side view Z74C business car 7502 Chicagoan end view 
Z74C business car 7502 Chicagoan 34 view  

 

Business Car 7510 (#1);

Business Car 7504 (#2);

Business Car 7506 (#1), Illinois;

Business Car 7503 (#3), Harrisburg, Francis L. Suter

Class Z74; reclassified Z74R. 

Ordered from Pullman on Decembr 17, 1912, Lot 4129, Plan 2606. Built in March 1914.

Renumbered to 7504 (#2) on May 7, 1914.

Renumbered to 7510 (#1) on May 17, 1914.

Renumbered to 7506 (#1) on May 31, 1917; named Illinois; assigned to the General Manager, Western Region, at Chicago. As of October 27, 1921, 3D5P3 trucks in use. Trucks exchanged to 3D5P3. As of October 1, 1929, assigned to General Manager (subject to call of V. P.-Chicago), based in Chicago. As of December 27, 1939, assigned to General Manager, Western Region, based in Chicago. Ice-activated air-conditioning installed at Altoona on July 29, 1941. Trucks from PB70 4875 installed at Altoona on March 24, 1948; new trucks are 3D7P2. Modernized at Altoona on December 31, 1952; new interior lighting included. As of February 10, 1952, assigned to General Manager, Western Region, based in Chicago. Sent to Altoona to be stored in 1957.

Renumbered to 7506 (#1) in July 1957; named Harrisburg; assigned to System Pool, based in Philadelphia. As of September 1957, 3D7P2 truucks in use; assigned to Regional Manager, Philadelphia and New York. Moved to Altoona and stored under cover in October 1960. Windshield wipers installed on windows in observation end circa February 1964. To Penn Central on February 1, 1968 as 7503, Harrisburg, assigned to Pool Service, based in Philadelphia. Retired August 4, 1969. Sold to Jim Fay, Philadelphia. Sold to Bruce Hoffman, Cleveland, in December 1983. Sold to Hallowell Dunlap in October 1993, and renamed for owner's grandfather, Francis L. Suter. Arrived on Strasburg Rail Road on August 8, 1994. Rebuilt by Strasburg Rail Road, 1997-98. By June 1998, 2F-P1 trucks installed. Stored on the Strasburg Rail Road as Amtrak 800383.

Business car 7506 Illinois side view  
Business car 7506 Illinois 34 view  

 

Business Car 7504 (#4), Quaker CityBaltimore, Wm. Penn

Class Z74D. Reclassified Z74DR.

Vice President's Car

Built at Altoona, December 9, 1927, as one of six cars for the 1927 program, assigned to V. P. Lee. These six cars were built substantially the same as 180 (#2); same underframe arrangement, superstructure, end framing, and platforms. The stateroom arrangement differed fron Atterbury's car. No name assigned. In May-June 1936, ice-activated air-conditioning intalled at Altoona, named Quaker City, assigned to V. P.-Operations, based in Philadelphia. Modernized at Altoona, August 27, 1951; 2F-P1 trucks installed. Assigned to the Executive V. P., J. M. Symes, based in Philadelphia, late in 1951.  Renamed Baltimore in June 1954. Used by President Eisenhower on October 25, 1956. Porter's quarters and toilet modified circa January 1957. As of September 1957, 2F-P1 trucks in use; assigned to System Pool. In June 1960, Frigidaire 8t electromechanical air conditioning replaces ice system in Altoona; Spicer drive and 25/30kw generator installed; renamed Wm. Penn. On November 6, 1961, sealed beam track lights installed. To Penn Central on February 1, 1968 as 7504 William Penn; assigned to Pool Service, based in Philadelphia. As of June 1969, assigned to J. M. McGuigan, based in New Haven, Conn. Retired by Penn Centra on April 27, 1970 and sold to H. Frazier, Ruston, La. Purchased by Juniata Terminal Company in 1985. In 2001, William Penn donated to Camp W. W. Atterbury Military Museum by Juniata Terminal Company.

Business car 7504 Quaker city side view Business car 7504 Quaker city end view
Business car 7504 Quaker city 34 view Business car 7504 Quaker city end view copy

 

Business car 7504 William Penn side view left  
Business car 7504 William Penn side view right Business car 7504 William Penn end view
Business car 7504 William Penn 34 view  

 

Business Car 7505 (#2), MarylandMartin W. Clement

Class S70. Reclassified Z74, then Z74R. 

General Manager's Car

Delivered from Pullman on April 24, 1911; Lot 3768, Plan 2467. As of October 27m 1921, 3C-P1 trucks in use. Named Maryland in 1929. As of October 1, 1929, assigned to General Manager, Eastern Region, based in Philadelphia. Ice-activated air-conditioning from cafe coach 1103 installed at Altoona on February 25, 1941; reclassified Z74R. Assigned to General Manager, Southern Division, based in Wilmington.In 1945, assigned to General Manager, Eastern Region, based in Philadelphia. Assigned to General Superintendent, Southern Division. Assigned to Superintendent, Maryland Division. Assigned to Assistant General Manager, General Superintendent-Transportation, and Chief Engineer, Eastern Region. On June 14, 1949, trucks exchanged with PB70 5045 at Wilmington; new trucks are 3D7P2. As of January 28, 1952, assigned to General Manager, Eastern Region, J. A. Schwab. As of February 10, 1953, assigned to General Manager, Eastern Region, based in Philadelphia. Interior lighting revised at Altoona, 1955. As of September 1957, assigned to Regional Manager, Indianapolis. By October 1960, assigned to Regional Manager, Southwestern Region, based in Indianapolis. Moved to Altoona in October 1960 and stored and cover. Transfered to MW 492471 in June 1964 and assigned to C&S Dept., Indianapolis. Restored extensively by James H. Clement, son of M. W. Clement; renamed Martin W. Clement. Donated in 1990 to the Galveston Railroad Museum. Circa 2003, sold to James H. Clement. Under restoration by Harold Schroeder in San Antonio. 

Business Car 7503 (#2), DuquesneHarrisburgCape CharlesHarrisburg

Business Car 7506 (#2), Illinois

Class S70. Reclassified Z74, then Z74R.

General Manager's Car

Renumbered from 37 (#3), built in 1911. As of October 27, 1921, 3C-P1 trucks in use. As of October 1, 1929, named Duquesne and assigned to General Manager, based in Pittsburgh. Assigned October 25, 1930, to General Superintendent, Eastern Pennsylvania Division and Superintendents, Philadelphia and Middle divisions. In August 1939, name removed at Altoona and placed in temporary use bu Mr. Symes while 7506 is repaired. As of December 27, 1939, stored at Altoona. Renamed Harrisburg at Altoona on April 29, 1940. Ice-activated air-conditioning installed at Altoona on November 13, 1941; reclassified Z74R. 3D7P2 trucks from PB70 4753 installed at Wilmington on April 18, 1949. Renamed Cape Charles at Wilmington on November 3, 1950; assigned to the Superintendent, Delmarva Division, based in Cape Charles. IN 1951, assigned to Staff, Eastern Region, based in Philadelphia. In November 1951, modified and repaired at Altoona; Spicer Model 7 Drive and 10kw generator instaalled; Hyatt roller bearing trucks with tachometer installed; track lights installed; furniture replaced; interior painted; grey carpet installed; and venetian blinds replace window shades. As of January 28, 1952, assigned to Eastern Region Staff, based in Philadelphia. Renamed Harrisburg in April 1952.

Renumbered to 7506 (#2) in July 1957; renamed Illinois. As of September 1957, Stored in Altoona; 3D7P2 trucks in use. Sold to LIRR in October 1963. Sold to Mack Lowery, Akron, Ohio. Sold to Quaker Square in Akron, Ohio. Sold to the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, later taken over bu the National Park Service. Circa 2003, swapped to the Midwest Railway Preservation Society, located in the ex-B&O (CT&V) roundhouse at Cleveland, Ohio, for a NYC baggage car.

Business Car 7507 (#2), Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaBaltimoreQuaker City

Class Z74C. Reclassified Z74D, then Z74DR.

Vice President's Car

Built by Altoona, June 8, 1928, as class Z74C, as part of 1927 Program of six cars. As of October 1, 1929, named Philadelphia, and assigned to V. P.-Operations and V. P.-Personnel (M. W. Clement), based in Philadelphia. On February 24, 1930, assigned to M. W. Clement, based in Philadelphia. Ice-activated air-conditioning installed at Altoona on June 24, 1935; renamed Pennsylvania; assigned to Chairman of the Board of Directors, based in Philadelphia; reclassified Z74DR. In January 1952, renamed Baltimore. As of January 28, 1952, assigned to V. P.-Operations, J. P. Newell. Modernized at Altoona, September 26, 1952; 2F-P1 trucks installed. As of February 10, 1953, assigned to V. P.-Operations, based in Philadelphia. Renamed Quaker City, July 1954, and assigned to the Chairman of the Board of Directors. "X" configuration AM/FM radio antenna installed on roof in conjunction with AM/FM radio at West Philadelphia on March 22, 1955. Model 7 Spicer Drive installed, mid-1955. Circa December 1956, 8t Frigidaire electro-mechanical air conditioning replaces ice air system. Sealed bean track lights installed on November 13, 1961. Circa September 1963, whip antenna mounted on car roof. Circa 1968 assigned to Messrs Smucker, Vaughan and Harris. To Penn Central, February 1, 1968, as 7507, Quaker City, assigned to Pool Service, based in Philadelphia. Retired by Penn Central on August 4, 1969. Purchased H. Frazier via Texas Tank Car.

Business car 7507 Baltimore side view  

 

Business Car 120 (#4);

Business Car 7508, ChicagoanWashingtonBuffalo

Class S70. Reclassified Z74A, then Z74AR.

Vice President's Car

Built by Altoona as class S70 on December 4, 1909, and assigned to V.P.-Traffic. As of January 1, 1919, assigned to the General Manager of the PRR. As of October 1926, listed as "Work Equipment."

On March 5, 1928, renumbered to 7508 when 120 (#5) was built. On March 27, 1921, exchanged trucks with PB70 5046 at Altoona; new class 3D5P5. As of October 1, 1929, named Chicagoan and assigned to Regional V.P., based in Chicago. Later assigned to V.P., Western Region, based in Chicago. Later assigned to General Manager, Eastern Region, based in Philadelphia. AS of January 1, 1932, based in Chicago again. Ice-activated air-conditioning installed at Altoona on September 16, 1936; reclassified Z74AR. Renamed Washington at Wilmington on January 25, 1948. Stored in Philadelphia as of 1950. As of January 28, 1952, assigned to Assistant V.P.-Operations, H. L. Nancarrow. As of February 10, 1953, assigned to System Pool, based in Philadelphia. By 1955, 3D7P2 trucks installed; stored in Philadelphia. Renamed Buffalo when repaired at Wilmington in January 1956. As of September 1957, 3D5P5 trucks were in use; assigned to Regional Manager, based in Buffalo. As of October 1960, had been assigned to Regional Manageer, Northern Region, based in Buffalo; moved to Altoona and stored under cover. Transfered to MW 492472 as of July 1964 and assigned to C&S Dept., Columbus. To Penn Central as of February 1, 1968. Whitelined July 1971. In 1973 it was sold for scrap value ($2,800) to Uncle Dick's Museum in Scullville, NJ, and was on display there for many years. In the early 1990's, sold to H. L. Phillips and moved to Rio Grande, NJ.

Business Car 7509 (#2), Ohio

Class Z74D. Reclassified Z74DR.

Vice President's Car

Built by Altoona, March 27, 1928, as part of 1927 Program of six cars. As of October 1, 1929, named Ohio, assigned to V. P.-Real Estate, V. P.-Valuation and Taxation, Eastern Region, and General Counsel, based in Philadelphia. Ice-activated air-conditioning installed at Altoona, May 5, 1936; reclassified D74DR. As of January 28, 1952, assigned to V. P., Eastern Region, H. W. Smith, based in Philadelphia. As of February 10, 1953, assigned to V. P., Eastern Region, based in Philadelphia. By 1955, 3D-P1 trucks in use. As of September 1957, assigned to System Pool. By October 1960, assigned to System Pool, based in Philadelphia. Set up at Second Street Shop, Altoona, as a dormitory in October 1960. Retired June 1965; to Westinghouse Air Brake, for display in Wilmerding, Pa. By 1983, donated to the Western New York Historical Society and moved to Buffalo. 

Business Car 7507 (#1);

Business Car 7510 (#2), New JerseyThe PittsburgherPittsburgher, StrasburgOliver C. Joseph

Class Z74D. Reclassified Z74DR.

Built by Altoona, December 31, 1927, as part of 1927 Program of six cars. 

Renumbered to 7510 (#2) on June 7, 1928, and reclassified Z74D. As of October 1, 1929, named New Jersey and assigned to Assistant V. P.'s- Operations, Chiefs of Motive Power, -Freight Transportation, - Passenger Operations, and Chief Engineer (Deasy), based in Philadelphia. Stenciled New Jersey at West Philadelphia on February 28, 1930, and assigned to Assistant V. P. Deasy, based in Philadelphia. Renamed The Pittsburgher at Altoona on March 28, 1933, and assigned to V. P., Western Region, based in Pittsburgh. Ice-activated air-conditioning installed at Altoona, November 10, 1936; reclassified Z74DR. Renamed Pittsburgher on August 1, 1942. As of February 10, 1953, assigned to V. P., Central Region, based in Pittsburgh. Modernized at Altoona on June 2, 1953; 2F-1P trucks installed; Spicer Model 7 Drive installed; and 10kw generator installed. Assigned to V. P., Central Region, based in Pittsburgh, in 1955. As of September 1957, assigned to V. P. & Regional Manager, Pittsburgh. To Penn Central as of February 1, 1968 as 7510, Pittsburgher, assigned to General Manager, based in Pittsburgh. As of June 1969, assigned to General Manager Smith, based in Pittsburgh. Renumbered Penn Central 6, then 8. Arrived on Strasburg Rail Road on August 31, 1971, after being sold to William M. Moedinger, Jr., Strasburg Rail Road; renamed Strasburg. Sold in 1976 to Oliver C. Joseph Dodge (auto dealer) and shipped to Belleville, Illinois. Repainted into Great Northern Empire Builder colors; renumbered 1914 and renamed Oliver C. Joseph; equipped with Commonwealth trucks. Used as a stationary office at Oliver Joseph Dodge, Belleville, Illinois; owned by Brad Joseph (son of the late Oliver Joseph).

Business car 7510 The Pittsburgher side view Business car 7510 The Pittsburgher end view
Business car 7510 The Pittsburgher 34 view  

 

Business Car 7511, The PittsburgherBaltimoreThe DuquesneChesapeakeLancasterDuquesne

Class Z74D. Reclassified Z74C, then Z74CR.

General Manager's Car

Built at Altoona in January 1929 as class Z74D; one of 11 cars in 1928 Program. Reclassified Z74C. As of October 1, 1929, named The Pittsburgher; Assigned to Regional V. P., Resident V. P. (E. W. Smith, V. P., Central Region), based in Pittsburgh. Renamed Baltimore at Altoona on November 11, 1933, based in Philadelphia. Renamed The Duquesne at Altoona on August 25, 1939, and assigned to General Manager, Central Region, based in Pittsburgh. Ice-activated air-conditioning from cafe car 1106 installed at Altoona on November 26, 1940. Continued assignment to General Manager, Central Region, based in Pittsburgh as of 1952. By 1955, 3D7P2 trucks installed; new interior lighting installed. Renamed Chesapeake in November 1955. As of 1957, assigned to Regional Manager, based in Baltimore. Renamed Lancaster in December 1959. By November 1960, assigned to Regional Manager, Philadelphia Region, based in Philadelphia. Set up at Samuel Ray Sho, Hollidaysburg, Pa., in November 1960 as dormitory. To MW 492473 in July 1964 and assigned to C&S Dept., Lancaster, Pa. Renamed Duquesne and in Altoona.

Business car 7511 The Duquesne side view Business car 7511 The Duquesne end view
Business car 7511 The Duquesne 34 view  

 


Elevations and Floor Plans

Z74 #7502
 Z74 7502 E74288  Z74 7502 fp E74289
 
Z74 #7503, 7505, 7506
 z74 7503 7505 7506 z74 7503 7505 7506 fp 
 
Z74A #7508
 z74a 7508  z74a 7508 fp
 
Z74B #90
 z74b pw  z74b fp
 z74b rm
 
Z74C #180
 z74d 180  z74d 180 fp
 
Z74C #7502
 z74c 7502  z74c 7502 fp
 
Z74D #100, 120, 7504, 7507, 7509, 7510
 z74d z74d fp 
 
Z74D #120
 z74d 120 pw  z74d 120
 
Z74E #7511
 z74e 7511 z74e 7511 fp 

 The Bachmann Spectrum Model

bachmann z74 left The left side of the Bachmann car is "close" but not quite correct. There are five paired windows where there should be three. One should be a large window. These faults throw off all of the spacing.
bachmann Z74 right No elevation to compare to for the right side of the car.
bachmann z74 interior The interior of the Bachmann car is a total loss. The passageway is on the incorrect side of the car. The bedrooms are where the dining room should be and vice versa. A second lounge is located where the kitchen should be.