- Hits: 3417
- Hits: 6302
Based on the Pennsylvania Railroad Passenger Equipment Register dated 9/26/54.
A link in the Class column performs a search on the Varnish database and returns the individual car roster. However, the database performs a "contains" search, so a search on class "P70f" will also return "P70fa" records, etc., but not vice versa.
Note that during 1954, the Pennsy dropped the "R" suffix from the class designation which previously indicated air conditioning.
- Hits: 2723
Over the years, I have had the opportunity to operate on many fine model railroads, including...
- Dave Abeles' Conrail Onondaga Cutoff
- Chris Adams' New York, New Haven & Hartford
- Bill Blackburn's Pennsylvania Railroad, Great Valley Division
- Jim Clay's Pennsylvania Railroad, Cumberland Valley Branch (fallen flag)
- Jim Dalberg's New Jersey Northern
- Tom Jacobs' 1970s Reading Company "Crossline"
- Tony Koester's Nickel Plate Road
- Nick Kulp's Cornwall Railroad (fallen flag)
- Steven Mallery's Pennsylvania Railroad, Buffalo Line
- Bob Martin's Central Pennsylvania Railroad (fallen flag)
- Larry Reynolds' Pennsylvania Railroad, Altoona Area
- Dave Rohrbaugh's South Penn Railroad
- Dave Trone's West Penn Railroad
- Jeff Warner's PRR/RDG/WM South Central Region (fallen flag)
- Bob Zeolla's Conrail Conemaugh Line
The Bucket List
If the stars were to align, I would love to operate on the following layouts...
- Gerry Albers' Deepwater District, New RIver Division, Virginian Railway
- Mike Burgett's Chesapeake & Ohio, Clifton Forge Division, 1965
- Ken McCorry's Pennsylvania Railroad, Buffalo Line
- Dave Ramos' New York Harbor Railroad
- Jerry Whooley's New York and Long Branch Railroad
- Hits: 3214
- Hits: 8643
|1-250||25 Ton Hopper Gondola||200||108||0||0|
|200-249||HM||50 Ton Steel Gondola||0||0||47||1
|251-2650||30 Ton Wood Hopper Gondola||2,400||2,400||1,633||0|
|2651-3150||GN||40 Ton Wood Hopper Gondola||0||500||491||0|
|2656, 2670, 2830, 2904, 2952, 3048, 3061, 3069, 3097||50 Ton Steel Gondola||0||0||9||0|
|3151-3250||50 Ton Steel Gondola||0||0||100||0|
|3251-3750||HM||50 Ton Steel Gondola, ACF/PSC/SSC||0||0||500||62||Westerfield #7464|
|3752-3811||GB||50 Ton Steel Gondola 46', G22. Built in 1918 to Pennsy standards with drop bottom doors. Rebuilt in the late 1920s with a tight floor, running to abandonement of the railroad in March 1954.||0||0||0||7||Westerfield #1255|
- Hits: 11286
Alco RS-1, Class AS10s / AS10am / AS10ams / AS10as
The ALCO RS-1 was a 4-axle road switcher diesel-electric locomotive built by Alco-GE between 1941 and 1953 and the American Locomotive Company from 1953 to 1960. The Montreal Locomotive Works built three RS-1s in 1954. This model has the distinction of having the longest production run of any diesel locomotive for the North American market. The RS-1 was in production for 19 years from the first unit Rock Island #748 in March 1941 to the last unit National of Mexico #5663 in March 1960.
- Hits: 2209
This page chronicles the year that "modern" steam locomotive classes first appeared on the Pennsy, starting in 1900.
Going back before 1900, the results are really convoluted and inconsistent due to the PRR's absorption of subsidiary line's locomotives.
Disclaimer: This list may not take into account all rebuilds.
Models in bold are represented in the author's collection.
- Hits: 3932
Union Switch & Signal (US&S) was a primary supplier of control systems to the Pennsylvania Railroad. Their compact, desktop series of CTC machines were labeled the 500 series. What follows is a discussion of what is seen on these machines and how they differed from location to location.
- Hits: 8840
14 Miner's Coach- 1953 A wooden car, miner's coach 14, was disassembled in 1953 or 1954.
|This is a combine. Different car?|
- Hits: 9765
|At Huntingdon.||At Huntingdon.||At Huntingdon.|
|At Long Siding.|
|At Saxton, 1953.|
|On Sandy Run.|
|At Marklesburg.||At Saxton.||At Saxton.|
|At Long Siding.||At Riddlesburg.|
|At Saxton.||At Saxton.||At Saxton.|
|At Bedford (trackage rights).||At Bedford (trackage rights).|
|At Riddlesburg, 1947.|
|At Livonia Avon & Lakeville.|
- Hits: 9063
|Saxton yard circa 1947-50.|
X20 Work Flat
|At Saxton, 1952.||
Page 1 of 11